Have you missed me? (Crickets.)
When I look at my homepage I see three Wednesday Linkies in a row and nothing of any substance. Sorry. That’s lame of me.
So what do you say we do a totally random-stream of consciousness-catch all update post? Because that’s basically where I’ve been the past few weeks…everywhere and nowhere all at once. Nothing bad or wrong, but I’ve had a hard time focusing on one thing when there’s 35 things I could (or should) be doing.
So here’s me over the last few weeks, since you asked…
- The holidays are fast approaching, my friends, and for Snapfish and other greeting card companies that means a fast and furious frenzy to get holiday cards ready and in front of your pretty little faces. Here’s one I’ve recently published. Its one of my main focuses right now and I’ll share more in the coming weeks, promise.
- We’ve passed from one sport (football) to another (wrestling) in the past week. But the driving/dropping off/picking up? That’s the same.
- Fall break lasted for three weeks. We went to see The Avengers at the cheap seats and then to Frost with a friend. So. Yummy.
- I got a head cold and didn’t run or workout for over a week. Surprisingly, when I got back on the treadmill for a 2 mile run it wasnt that bad at all. I think its good to take a break sometimes and not push your body when its under the weather.
- Speaking of running, you may notice I havent done a “Gettin’ Fit” post in a while. I felt like I was at a crossroads with that series and I needed to either really delve into it or really not. And since the majority of what I write about is blogging and design and being a working mom, I didnt want to go all the way down that road here. So suffice it to say, Im still on my journey and really feeling great. I’ve lost 8 lbs since mid-July, but it really does feel like more (I think its the running, for sure). This weekend Im participating in the Pink Ribbon 7k (4.3 miles). I’ll be sure to post after!
- And then there’s the totally random, daily life in my house…this was hair cut night. 4 boys/men x $12 x every 5 weeks…saves a lot of money (that I turn around and give to my hair stylist.)
- I got a new freezer! Actually, its new to me. My sister gave it to me because she’s not the crazy Costco woman I am and decided they just didnt need it. I will have this puppy filled to capacity by Thursday (Costco day). Its a Whirlpool and I love the 4 sliding bins (I dont know what the model is). Totally beats my old freezer (also a Whirlpool) that was about 2/3 the size and had no bins. Thanks, sis.
- At McDonald’s at 10pm on a school night, no less, after the season ending football game.
- We are so closeto being done with the major hardscaping ’round these parts. We’ll be doing the painting ourselves, but we left the real work to the professionals.
- This weekend Husband and I switched it up a bit and did a 2.6 mile hike. Isnt it fun to find a gem of a landmark right in your own back yard? Literally less than a mile down the road is the trailhead to the most amazing trail system, just adjacent to Saguaro National Park. It was breathtaking. I love the desert.
That about bring you up to speed. I’ll try not to be so absent over the coming weeks. Stay tuned…I’ve got some fun reviews and giveaways lined up!