Back in September, I was approached by HP to host a giveaway for the newest addition to the Photosmart, all-in-one printer family. They wanted to gather customer input (smart move) before the printer was released.
The Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web is different from the other all-in-one printers, or any printer for that matter, in that it connects directly to the internet through your network. Through the touchscreen, you can navigate to sites like Google maps, Coupons.com, Snapfish, Fandango and Nickelodeon and print what you need, immediately. Without even touching your computer. More apps are being developed as we speak.
A few weeks ago, I received one of my very own to review. And in my opinion the Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web is the Cadillac of ink jet printers. Let me tell you why I think so:
- Quality Photo Printing – In the last two weeks, we’ve had two science projects due. It was nice to quickly and easily print out some great quality photos of moldy bread and floating eggs (yeah, nice huh?) to add to the display boards.
- Wireless Printing – I love love love the fact that I can print out a recipe or book report for my kid from the couch. None of our computers have to be connected to the Photosmart to print.
- Prints First Page Last – I know this might seem like no big deal, but I totally appreciate that the Photosmart Premium prints so that pages are in correct order when its printing multiple pages. So when you’re going through 20 pages, you don’t have to re-collate. Its already done for you. Sweet.
- Google Map – Every Saturday, I drive to at least two soccer games. I think it is the goal of the leagues to cause me to drive from one end of my city to the other, to new and unknown territories. With the Google Map app, though, I’m ready. I just punch in the address of the field I’m going to, press print, and I’m out the door (late, usually).
- Coupons.com – I’m a couponer. Every week or so I click on the Coupons.com app, select the coupons I need for that week, and print. Not only does it print out the coupons 3 to a page, it also creates a grocery list, of sorts, listing the coupons you printed and extra space for other items you need. Again I say, sweet.
- Cost Effective – The icing on the cake for me is that the cartridges are reasonable priced at around $10 (I don’t even want to tell you how much cartridges for my old printer, which shall remain nameless, cost me…). And, I love that they have an easy to use recycle program.
At $399, the Photosmart Premium TouchSmart isn’t cheap. It’s by far the nicest printer I’ve ever owned. But the investment is well worth it. Right now HP is offering a $60 instant rebate, a $50 trade in for your old printer (any brand, any condition) and free shipping. That’s quite a deal.
You can also enter to win one at Little Miss Know It All, Woman’s Day, and Southern Bella’s. Good luck!